Well-stocked pharmacy with drugs from reputable pharmaceuticals run by experienced pharmacists open 24 hours a day.
The Nairobi South Hospital has a well-stocked pharmacy that issues prescribed medication to all outpatient and inpatients.
- To ensure each patient receives the safest and most effective medication at an affordable cost.
- To provide outstanding pharmaceutical care necessary for the best management of patients’ condition.
- Ensure patient safety during drug administration through use of innovative technology and drug use policies.
- Advise patients on use of prescribed medicine, required dosage and best way to store medicine for optimal effect.
- Exceptional client relations at all times.
- The Pharmacy is certified and approved by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- It is responsible for dispensing 200 prescriptions per day making it one of the busiest departments in the hospital.
- The highly skilled pharmacy staff operate an intelligent software that keeps tabs on stock levels and expiry dates of drugs.
- The pharmacists also perform manual checks on the rugs to ensure they are fit for human consumption and ideal for patients’ best recovery.
- The pharmacy operates 24 hours a day serving both in and out patients.
- All our pharmacy staff are qualified and certified to administer medicines.
- They understand how medicines react to different groups and use their expertise to dispense medication in the right dosage and manner.
- The hospital is committed in their continuous education to ensure they are at par with the outlined pharmacy standards.
Services Available at Our Pharmacy Include:
- Preparing and issuing drugs to patients.
- Clinical support towards using knowledge of medicine to provide best care of patients.
- Ordering special drugs for treatment of patients with critical conditions.
- Stock control and ordering of drugs to ensure constant availability.