The Nairobi South Hospital laboratory is committed to providing the most convenient quality testing services at reasonable cost. It includes biochemistry, haematology, immunology and microbiology. Open 24 hours.
The Nairobi South Hospital has a well-equipped ultra-modern laboratory that produces accurate medical diagnostics and expert medical interpretation of specimen.
- To provide precise and quality diagnostics that are useful in the treatment and best care of patients at an affordable price.
- To use a small amount of sample to carry out the investigations, ensuring patient safety and comfort.
- Rapid turnaround period and timely dispatch of laboratory reports.
- Excellent client relations at all times.
- Our Laboratory team consists of doctors, pathologists, lab technologists, lab assistants, microbiologists, and secretaries all working together to ensure patients receive accurate diagnostics for their treatment.
- All of our staff are knowledgeable and skilled professional capable of handing sophisticated equipment to produce accurate results.
- The staff are mandated to attend continuous education programs and trainings to ensure they are at par with international and local laboratory standards.
- Our laboratory certified by the Kenya Medical Laboratory and Technologists Board.
- It is equipped with sophisticated laboratory equipment capable of providing a wide range of accurate laboratory investigations necessary for patients well-being.
- Provide services 24 hours a day.
- Our prices are regularized and don’t change over time.
The Department carries out the following specialized functions:
- Microbiology: diagnostic services regarding bacteriology, virology, parasitology, immunology and serology. These services vary from routine cultures to molecular diagnostic testing.
- Chemistry: This investigates the various compounds of the elements as they relate to the human body. Common tests analyzed in the chemistry laboratory are glucose, cholesterol, liver and heart enzymes, etc.
- Hematology: The unit studies blood, classifying blood cells into different categories.
- Blood Donation: Provides blood transfusion services to provide patients with red cells, plasma, cryoprecipitate, or platelets.
- Immunology: Deals with immunity such as antibodies produced by the body in response to foreign materials.
- Pathology: Deals with the essential nature of diseases, especially the structural and functional changes in tissues and organs of the body, which cause or are caused by diseases.
- Cytology: Examined human cells under the microscope.